Euro 2012: At Least 24 Foreigners Injured And 183 Detained As Poland And Russian Football Fans Clash In Violent Street Brawls (Video + Photos)
Russian and Polish football fans were involved in violent street fights ahead of last night’s Euro 2012 meeting between the two national sides in Warsaw.
Police fired rubber bullets and used water cannons on the hooligans who fought running battles in the streets of the Polish capital.
Trouble flared during a march by 5,000 Russian fans
observing a national day marking the end of the Soviet Union ending in 183 arrests and injuries to more than 20 foreigners. It immediately raised questions over UEFA’s decision to go ahead
with the staging of the game on such an emotive day. I thought sports tournaments like this unite people.
We pray this absurd things don’t happen to us during the CAF tournaments.
Watch video :
Did You Check These Out?
- Gary Bale’s Fee Shows A Lack Of Respect For World We Live In – Martino
- Profile of Ghana’s Fourth President John Dramani Mahama
- Give 50% ownership to Ghanaians – Kwaku Kwarteng sues Shell, Total, Oando, NPA
- HOT PHOTOS: Christina Milian Flaunts Her Sexy And Daring Body In Bikini
- Woman, 58, To Give Birth To Own Grandchild
- Exclusive Photos : The 233 Connect Concert with TPain, VIP, Kwaw kese, Bra Kevin, BukBak, M.I, Keche, Gasmilla
- MUST-READ: Why Odartey Lamptey is denying being father of three kids
- 11 hot pics from the Hunger Games European press tour
- Government optimistic of exceeding revenue targets
- PHOTO: God’s beautiful creation (NSFW)