TOP 10 Secondary Schools In Ghana 2012
10. Pope John Senior High School – Pojoss
- One of the best Senior Secondary Schools in Ghana. We aim at developing the 3H – Head, through teaching; Heart through worship and Hand, through hard work.
9. St. Peter’s Secondary School, Nkwatia (PERSCO)
- P.O.Box 17 Nkwatia – Eastern Region, Ghana
8. St. Augustine College (Augusco)
- The school was founded in 1930 initially to train teachers. It is now a senior secondary school. There are about 1500 boys, aged between 12 and 19 years. It has 60 full-time and 6 part-time teachers along with about 80 non-teaching staff. The headmaster and his two assistants have direct oversight of the school’s administration.
7. Achimota School
- (formerly Prince of Wales College and School, Achimota, now nicknamed Motown), is an elite and highly selective co-educational secondary school located at Achimota in Accra, Ghana.
6. Mfantsipim Secondary School – KwaBotwe
- This is Mfantsipim, the school whose history spells the very history of Ghana, especially in the area of the development of Secondary Education and the decolonization of Ghana.
5. Opoku Ware School (OWASS)
- It is a boys school with a population of about1300 students. The school has accommodation facilities for almost all the students. The students age ranges between 14 to 18 years. The school is highly competitive in the current upward trend of the country. It is well known for producing some of the brightest students and has a firm alumni base. (Quote from school website).
4. Accra Academy
- On a gentle hill to the north as one enters Accra by the Kaneshie-Mallam, a tall white tower beshadows the campus of Accra Academy.
3. Adisadel College (Adisco)
- As Adisadel College looks towards it’s 100th birthday in 2010 it is worth noting that this institution has not only made itself felt but actually contributed its share to the development and progress of the nation in diverse ways.
- Over the years, the School has turned out into the world a steady stream of keen, capable young men, filled with enthusiasm and dedicated to the service of the country and of mankind – men who have contributed and continue to contribute their quota to the enrichment of the life of the nation, in practically all fields of human endeavour. This can be attributed to the life-long preparations given to it’s students through education.
2. Presbyterian Boys’ Secondary School (PRESEC)
- founded in 1938. It was originally located at Odumase – Krobo in the Eastern Region of Ghana. It was started as a secondary school for boys by the Presbyterian Church of Ghana.
1. St. Thomas Aquinas
- Aquinas senior high school was established on 15 January, 1952 at Osu Anahor a suburb of Accra Ghana.